2. Collection of Your Personal Information. In order to access the Services and view Publications or listen and/or view Podcasts in publicly accessible locations on the Site, you will not be required to register for an Account. However, in some cases we may allow you to register for an Account for certain Account-only activities such as accessing non-public Publications, Podcasts and content and saving information used for your purchase of Products offered by us through the Site or purchasing a subscription to our Subscription services. In the event we allow you to register for an Account and you choose to do so, you will be required provide us with certain Personal Information such as your name, address and your email address (collectively, your “Address”), and/or Credit Card information. You may also choose to provide us with your Personal Information without registering for an Account if you choose to receive Communications from us, Print Publications or Products. It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information, including Personal Information, and to keep such information up to date. We will not be responsible for any problems or liability related to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information, whether due to your failure to update such Personal Information or otherwise. In addition to the Personal Information, we may collect the following general information you provide (collectively with Personal Information, the “Information”): (i) information from publicly accessible sources, such as blogs and comments from other Users; (ii) your visit to the Site, such as pages viewed, links clicked and other similar navigation action in connection with the Site; (iii) certain standard browser information, such as your browser type, IP address, and access times; and (iv) your GPS location (the “Location”) derived from your IP address. You may choose to opt out of providing us with your Location if you choose to do so. However, you may not be able to use certain interactive features of the Site and Service that depend on the Location.
In using and/or accessing the Services, you expressly authorize us to collect and use your Information in connection with the Services. You further acknowledge and agree that we may, but are not obligated to, maintain copies of your Information indefinitely, or delete any or all Information, at our sole discretion.
3. Use of Your Information and Disclosing of Your Personal Information to Third Parties.
(a) We collect and use your Information to operate and improve the Site and better deliver the Services. These uses may include performing analysis aimed at improving the Service, and making the Site or Services more user friendly by reducing the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information.
(d) We may hire other companies to provide limited administrative and communication services on our behalf, such as hosting Sites, the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, or providing credit card processing services. We have the right to disclose your Personal Information to these third party companies for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site’s features, functions and operations. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only such Personal Information as necessary for them to deliver the respective services, and we do not authorize these companies to use your Personal Information except for the sole purpose of providing those services requested by Simulacra.
4. Security of Your Personal Information. The Personal Information we collect is securely stored within our database, and we use standard, industry-wide practices such as firewalls, encryption, and (in certain areas) Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to Simulacra over the Internet. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
5. Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information. The Site and the Services are intended for general audiences, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children.
6. Information Collected Automatically.
(b) In addition, we may use third party analytics providers and products to obtain, compile and analyze Information about how Users are using and interacting with the Site, Simulacra and/or the Services. We may provide Information to these analytics providers for the purpose of obtaining statistics and other information about how users are using and interacting with Simulacra. These analytics providers may use a variety of established or new tracking technologies or tools (including, without limitation, cookies, web beacons, HTTP cache, local shared objects and persistent identifiers) to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect or compile this information. Simulacra has no control over the technologies, tools or practices of the third parties that providing analytics products and services to Simulacra.
(a) Upon registration for an Account, providing us with your Address or using the Services, we may send you daily or weekly e-mails. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by e-mail at people[at]martianpassage.com and include sufficient information for us to identify your account, including your name, email address and the specifics of your request. However, after you unsubscribe to cease receiving e-mails, we may still contact you via e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including messages regarding the administration of your account and/or any services or events to which you have registered.
(b) From time to time, we may also send you surveys, newsletters or promotional e-mails to inform you of other products or services available from Simulacra and its affiliates. If we send out any promotional e-mails or newsletters, we may use customized links or similar technologies to determine whether such newsletters or e-mail has been opened and which links you click. This information is used to provide you more focused e-mail communications and/or other information. If you do not want to receive promotional e-mails or newsletters from us, you may opt-out by emailing us at people[at]martianpassage.com. Please allow up to 10 business days for removal of your information from our email database.
(c) If you choose to provide us with your Address for the receipt of Print Publications and/or Communications, you expressly authorize us to send you Communications, contact you and mail Print Publications to you at the Address provided. If you no longer want to receive such Print Publications or Communications from us, you may be removed from our list by emailing us at people[at]martianpassage.com. Please allow up to 4 weeks for removal of your information from our print mail database.